Appointments & Fees
If you’ve never been to an acupuncturist before – click here for an overview of what to expect from your acupuncture appointments.
Complimentary Phone Consultation
I am happy to answer any of your questions about what kind of fit Chinese Medicine or Maya Abdominal Therapy may be for your current healthcare needs. Feel free to email or call to set up your consultation. They usually take about 15 minutes, and you are under no obligation to pursue treatment thereafter.
- I am an in-network provider for Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) and American Specialty Health (ASH)
- I am an out-of-network provider for Cigna, Aetna and UHC
In either case, if your insurance plan covers acupuncture, then only your co-pay applies to each visit & my office will take care of the claim submission.
If you aren’t sure if you are covered – you can call the number on your insurance card and ask about your eligibility terms for acupuncture or send me an email and I will check for you.
Acupuncture & Herbal Consultation and Treatment
|Initial Visit||$150 (1 – 1.5 hrs)|
|Follow-Up Visit||$100 (45 min-1 hr)|
Herbal Consultation Only*
|Initial Visit||$100 (45 min – 1 hr)|
|Follow-Up Visit||$50 (30 min)|
Maya Abdominal Therapy
|Initial Visit||$200 (1.5 hrs)|
|Initial Visit combined with acupuncture||$250 (2 hrs)|
|Follow-Up Visit||$100 (1 hr)|
|Follow-Up Visit combined with acupuncture||$165 (1.5 hr)|
House Calls (Manhattan only)
|Initial Visit||$300 (1.5 hrs)|
|Follow-Up Visit||$200 (1 hr)|
*Please note, the herbal cost is separate and will vary depending on the type of formula (e.g. raw herbs, powders, or pills) and also the delivery method. Once prescribed, I can offer a variety of delivery options, depending on the formula & your preferences. Herbal formulae may be:
- Picked up at a trusted pharmacy on the Lower East Side or
- Delivered by mail
Life definitely can change moment to moment – but please give me 24 hours notice if you need to change your appointment. Unfortunately, excepting medical emergency, if I receive less than 24 hour notice, the full fee will still be charged.
Payment & Insurance
- Full payment for services is due at the time of your appointment in either cash or a personal check.
- Many insurers provide partial or full coverage of acupuncture. You should definitely check with your insurer and find out if you have that coverage and how many visits they cover. See above for the insurers that I am in-network with.